25 Oct may be the last of our Meatless Monday specials in conjuction with World Vegetarian Month, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't continue to whip up delish vegetarian meals every Monday and spread the Meatless Monday word amongst your family, friends and colleagues.
This week, try an easy peasy stuffed aubergine recipe that you can whip up in half an hour. Plus, to reward all your Meatless Monday hard work, you can top off aubergine with some cheese before you pop it in the oven!
For the stuffing
1 cinnamon stick
1?4 tbsp dried chilli
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tomato, seeded and diced
40ml/11?2fl oz vegetable stock
2 tomatoes, cut in half and sliced
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 tbsp poppy seeds
yoghurt mint dressing mango chutney
1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. 2. Roast the aubergine in a griddle pan on all sides until cooked
3. Cut in half, spoon out the flesh and reserve.
4. Prepare the couscous by placing the cinnamon stick, curry powder, garlic, ginger and diced tomato in an oven-proof dish with the couscous and vegetable stock. Cover and cook in the oven for 4 minutes.
5. Spoon the aubergine flesh back into the shells and top with the couscous mixture. Place slices of tomato on top, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on the pine nuts and poppy seeds. If you want, you can sprinkle some cheese on top of everything.
6. Finally place under the grill for 5 minutes and serve with a dollop of yoghurt, mixed with mint dressing and smooth mango chutney.